The Colorado No Kid Hungry campaign is a partnership between Hunger Free Colorado, Share Our Strength and the Office of Governor John Hickenlooper. Together, these leaders are committed to ending childhood hunger in Colorado by removing the roadblocks to existing programs so that Colorado’s children get the food they need where they live, learn, play and pray.
Want to stay informed on the campaign’s progress?
Sign up for the Colorado No Kid Hungry campaign newsletter that’s delivered to your inbox every month! You’ll learn more about what the partners and campaign participants are doing to help achieve the 10 goals to end child hunger in Colorado by 2015, as well as ways you can get involved with the campaign.
You also can visit the Colorado No Kid Hungry Campaign website for news, reports and updates.
The Campaign’s Five Year Plan
The Colorado No Kid Hungry campaign has created a comprehensive five-year plan with 10 practical objectives:
- Provide children access to healthy meals during the summer
- Ensure that all children have access to a nutritious breakfast
- Support families with the ability to purchase and acquire food to prepare at home
- Ensure the nutrition and health of pregnant and postpartum women, infants and young children
- Support child care providers’ ability to provide healthy meals and snacks
- Help after-school programs provide children with good nutrition and healthy snacks
- Encourage children and families to make healthy food choices through nutrition education
- Ensure access to high-quality nutritious food in low-income communities and schools
- Ensure families can access food from food banks and food pantries
- Improve the economic security of working families
For more information about the Colorado No Kid Hungry campaign or how to become a participant, contact the campaign manager, Dinah Frey, at (303) 228-7945.