There are many ways to get involved in the fight against hunger! Hunger Free Colorado and other organizations are currently looking for volunteers on a number of important initiatives and projects.
Volunteering with Hunger Free Colorado
If you have any questions or are interested in volunteering your time, please send an email or call (720) 328-1284 to speak with a staff member.
Current volunteer positions with Hunger Free Colorado include:
- Food Assistance Volunteer for Hotline
- Older Adult Food Assistance Volunteer
- Community Resource Navigator for Adams County
- Information Ambassador for Arapahoe County
- Your Neighborhood Food Truck Volunteer
In addition to these opportunities, we could use volunteer support in the following areas, either on an ongoing or project basis:
- Community events and public speaking
- Data entry
- Video production
- Graphic design
- Google Analytics and/or AdWords
- WordPress and SEO
- Database support (particularly with SalesForce)
Hunger Free Colorado established a Senior Volunteer Force to connect more seniors to food resources in their communities. Volunteers offer one-on-one assistance, such as navigating nutrition assistance programs like SNAP. To join the volunteer force or utilize its assistance, view the”Older Adult Food Assistance Volunteer” description above.
We’re also looking for volunteers to assist on Your Neighborhood Food Truck once a week during a four-hour shift. The “food truck” visits grocery stores, health centers and other locations throughout the Denver metro area to help connect families and individuals to needed food resources.