You can help end hunger for thousands of children, families and seniors in Colorado. Do you want to be a part of the solution? Then, sign up to join the Hunger P.O.D. Squad! It’s quick and easy to do — and you’ll help make Colorado hunger-free.
Learn more and then complete a Hunger P.O.D. Squad application to get started.
As a member, you commit to being a part of the solution by selecting five activities to participate in per year:
Prepared to learn more
- Attend quarterly learning sessions hosted by Hunger Free Colorado.
- Sign up for a newsletter and/or legislative alerts from a Colorado anti-hunger organization.
- Take the Food Stamps (SNAP) Challenge—learn what it’s like to live on a limited food budget for one week.
Open to spreading the word
- Call or write at least one elected official asking them to support nutrition programs in your community.
- Share information about the issue of hunger with 10 or more people and encourage them to get involved.
- Invite a representative from Hunger Free Colorado or another anti-hunger organization to speak at your church, school, business, civic group, community association or alumni group.
- Share your personal stories and experiences, if you have received help from a hunger relief agency before, to help us educate others across the state about the issue of hunger.
- Write a letter to the editor about the issue of hunger and/or solutions being offered in your community.
- Start conversations about hunger via your online social networks—Facebook, Twitter and blogs. (Connect with us online, too!)
Doing what you can to help
- Donate at least $5 per month to an anti-hunger organization (find anti-hunger organizations at ColoradoGives.org or go through your company’s workplace giving program). Or, in lieu of gifts for your birthday, wedding, anniversary or any special day, ask others to donate to an anti-hunger organization in your honor.
- Volunteer at least 12 hours with an anti-hunger organization in your community (find volunteer opportunities throughout Colorado).
- Support or sponsor an anti-hunger event in your community (examples: host a book club or film screening focused on hunger; donate produce and other healthy foods to pantries; get involved with community gardens; host a healthy food drive; participate on a marathon team to raise funds and awareness).